This workshop has 22 remaining seat(s).
Come join our online ACEs workshop to develop better understanding of the impact that negative childhood experiences have had on you, and in building your skills towards healthier coping methods.
T his program will run on Thursday mornings from October 5 through November 23, 2023, 10:30 to 12:00 noon EST. Participants will be sent a Zoom link to join.
D ue to funding regulations, participants from Southeast Ontario will be prioritized.
Early adversity including Adverse Childhood Experiences has lasting impacts:
• Injury such as traumatic brain injury, fractures, or burns
• Mental Health/Illness such as depression, anxiety, suicide or PTSD
• Maternal Health including unintended pregnancy, pregnancy complications, or fetal death
• Infectious Disease such as HIV or STDs
• Chronic Disease such as cancer or diabetes
• Indulging in "Risky Behaviours" such as drug and alcohol abuse or unsafe sex
• Effects on Opportunities such as education, occupation, and income