The MFHA course is an evidence-based certification program that helps individuals provide assistance to people experiencing a mental illness or a mental health problem.
Offered through BroadMind Consulting, this course provides:
- A minimum of 8 hours instruction including 1
2-hour independent study and 2 3-hour instructor-led training sessions.
- An intimate setting with class sizes from 8 to 15 participants.
- Virtual and In-person options
- *Instructors are certified by The Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC), the federal government agency responsible for the MHFA course.
Students who participate in the MFHA experience:
- greater recognition of the most common mental health problems
- decreased social distance from people with mental health problems
- increased confidence in providing help to others; and
- improved mental health for the MHFA participant
**The Mental Health Commission of Canada is a national non-profit organization created by the Canadian government.