Our program is one of 14 Self-Management Programs across the Province of Ontario. We offer FREE evidence-based self-management trainings and workshops to clients, caregivers and health care professionals across the South East Ontario region.
The South East Ontario region covers:
- Sharbot Lake
- Smiths Falls
Our program is hosted at Kingston Community Centres and is funded by the South East Local Health Integration Network. We have approximately 50-60 peer leaders and facilitators on an ongoing basis that facilitate workshops and training sessions, all of who have taken and successfully completed all appropriate coursework and certifications.
Our current program offerings include:
- Stanford Chronic Disease Self-Management Program workshops (i.e. Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain, Chronic Conditions or Diabetes)
- Getting the Most from your Health Care Appointment, a program developed by the South West Self-Management Program
- Mindfulness-Based Chronic Pain Management™ Level 1 course and maintenance drop-in sessions, a program developed by NeuroNova Centre for Mindful Solutions
- Better Choices, Better Health®, an online Chronic Disease Self-Management Program for participants across Ontario.
Healthcare Provider Trainings & Mentorship Supports
- Choices and Changes: Motivating Healthy Behaviors, a program available through the Institute for Healthcare Communication
- Brief Action Planning, a program delivered through the Canadian Centre for Collaboration, Motivation & Innovation
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cultural Competency
- and more…
Want to learn to teach a workshop or want to host a workshop? Please visit our Get Involved section to learn more.
We welcome your feedback and recommendations for new health care provider trainings and mentorship support in 2017/18. Please email your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.